"Say: "Who is there to forbid the beauty which God has brought forth for His creatures, and the good things from among the means of sustenance?" Say: "They are [lawful] in the life of this world unto all who have attained to faith - to be theirs alone on Resurrection Day." Thus clearly do We spell out these messages unto people of [innate] knowledge! Say: "Verily, my Sustainer has forbidden only shameful deeds, be they open or secret, and [every kind of] sinning, and unjustified envy, and the ascribing of divinity to aught beside Him - since He has never bestowed any warrant therefore from on high and the attributing unto God of aught of which you have no knowledge." And for all people a term has been set and when [the end of] their term approaches, they can neither delay it by a single moment, nor can they hasten it"[Quran;-33]
The participants failed to consider following points:
- The local culture of Pakistani Muslims and society, which has variation in practice to the conservative interpretation of orthodox Wahabi, Deobandi, Salafi or Ahle Hadith groups.
- In local culture people indulge in clapping hand waving, not considered as dancing. "Mujra" is derogatory term, insulting and far from truth.
- Dancing by girls and boys even elders at Mehndi is normal routine practice.
- Visit the social functions, colleges, universities, such clappings, chanting singing is normal. This is the way society is, which need to be reformed rather than criticizing political opponents.
- The media is fully displaying indian culture which is affecting the society, but the religious political parties do not raise voice but just pay lip service. JUI F has been part of Musharif, Zardari and now Nawaz Sahrif government. Instead of getting ministries they could force the rulers to change the media policy to bring it in line with the moral standards they claim. The PPP and PML n have similar participation of women in their political functions but JUI F remain silent, hypocrisy.
- JUI F & Co should use their political power to get laws approved from parliament to control women participation in political rallies. If they cannot do it then leave the government, should not play on both sides of fence.
- If some one is committing any sin he/she is answerable to Allah, one can advise not abuse or force own will upon others by coercion.
- There are many more serious moral ills of society like corruption, bribery, rape, murders, non adherence to fundamental tenets of Islam like not offering Salah, not paying Zakah, not performing Hajj etc which need to be reformed but political Ulema just ignore them.
- Dowry, violence against women, Vani, child marriages, non payment of inheritance to women are other big social evils but no word on it.
- JUI F and scholars should make efforts to reform the society rather than enjoying fruits of power politics.
- This is just an other use of power politics for political gains to discredit PTI only.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *